Thursday, June 11, 2009

Father's Day Gift Idea - Wrapped With Love


"Riesens" Why I Love You

1. Purchase a bag of chocolate Riesens (chewy chocolate caramels).

2. Get some manly scrapbook paper – maybe with a Boston Terrier print or something (rub it in the dirt if you think it will look even manlier).

3. On the plain white side of the scrapbook paper, write reasons why you love your husband/dad and why you appreciate him. Get the kids involved. They might even tell you he let them watch a PG-13 movie or let them eat ice cream cones on the couch or other secrets that you may not know about.

4. Cut in strips. Unwrap all Riesens. Wrap strip of paper around the Riesen. Wrap back up in original wrapper. Set aside. Eat one (not the one you just wrapped!). Then another. Repeat.

5. Place the newly wrapped Riesens in a clear cellophane bag and tie with a little note that says “Riesens Why We Love You.” Be specific - and clever! Make him laugh. (Caution: don't bring up the corner in the kitchen where he always places his spare change, credit cards, and hankie. Just don't.)

I gave this to my husband for our anniversary, and it is the gift that keeps giving (Agh - cliche alert!). He would come home from work everyday talking about which "Riesen" he had eaten that day. In my case, I'd have irritable bowel syndrome of the mouth as I wouldn't be eating just one.

5 comments:

Camille said...

awesome, i love it!

Melissa said...

great idea--you clever girl!

Holly said...

What a darling idea! I think I'll have to do that for my dad AND my husband! Thanks for posting! By the way, thanks for signing the book for me (via my mom, via your mom!). It was so fun to give a signed copy to my friend. She was inspired and wowed by you.

Erin (and sometimes The Todd) said...

You are the smartest chick I know! I get to offically be your biggest fan! (And if I don't lay off the Snickers shakes, that will be literal.) Love you, girl! Erin

Dawn said...

Love, love, love it! Our anniversary is in a week and this is a great idea. Thanks, Leeann