Saturday, November 29, 2008

Supporting and Lifting - Like a 42DD

My friend, Kim Stagliano, the mother of three girls with autism is the managing editor of Age of Autism. Her husband recently lost his job, and they're wondering how they're going to afford to provide for their family including ongoing treatment for their girls - a pretty crappy card to be dealt especially during the holidays. When I'm tempted to wallow in the mud puddles that inevitably appear along my path in life, I think of Kim and all those like her who stealthily maneuver around their puddles despite the seemingly endless spotted road ahead. It gives me strength, fearlessness, and resolve.

The autism community is one like I've never seen before. The support generated among club members is equal to a 42DD Victoria Secret Miracle Bra. So if you need a lift today, don't go buy a new bra, read here instead Age of Autism. It will put some warmth in your Thanksgiving dinner left overs.

Now this is what you can do with your Miracle Bra...

8 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Too funny!

Camille said...

That is pretty good Leeann! Thanks for the laugh today!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Well, Leeann, it's not often my name and 42DD are used in the same sentence! LOL! Thanks for the post. It's an uphill slog, both ways, isn't it? We're hoping Mark finds a job soon - but it's frightening to think of how hard it's going to be given the economy. Now, if I WERE a 42DD I could probably generate some good income all by myself! ;)

KIM

Leeann said...

You're definitely in my thoughts, Kim. I believe your good karma will come around, and either Mark will get a great job, and/or both of your books will get published and be bestsellers! And it will all probably happen simultaneously :) An added perk - you will suddenly fit into a size 42DD and head to Las Vegas, then blog about it. In any event, I'm here to support and lift ya girl!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

"Cross you heart?" ;)

Leeann said...

With a no-poke underwire! :)

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

What's underwire? My bras usually come with a Dora the Explorer sticker set. ;)

word ver? "dupplers." Hmmmmm.

Keri said...

I absolutely love your sense of humor!! Too funny!!