Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Now Available in Bookstores!

The legislative session in Utah is only 45 days long, but it feels like we're on the television show "Lost" trying to figure out how to get off the island, and there is just no end. I wake up each morning with what Brittany, Steve, and I have termed the "legislative hangover" which consists of 4-5 hours of sleep per night, a nauseating headache that is only made worse by looking at those facebook ads of babies with four eyes, and trying to figure out how a vote at 10 a.m. could end up at 4 p.m. And please...PLEASE don't call me on my cell phone. My monthly bill last month rivaled our car payment. My children have started calling me "grandma" (the one who lives in Idaho) because they see me just about as often. We have March 12 circled on our calendars. I've even doodled fireworks on that day. If it passes, we can celebrate. If it fails, our legislative hangovers will live on. Godspeed!*

So in the middle of all this, I've been made aware of some exciting news. My book, A Child's Journey out of Autism, is now available in bookstores! I also have a couple of events coming up, so please mark them on your calendars. I would be thrilled to see you there!

The King's English Bookshop - Friday, April 3rd @ 7 p.m. (Salt Lake City - 1511 South 1500 East)

Oneida Public Library (Malad City); 31 N. 100, Malad, ID 83252 - Wednesday, April 8th, 7:00 PM



*My experience with Clay's Law has been a fulfilling, tremendously rewarding experience. This is another blog entry (even book) that will be meant to inspire. It's opened up an entirely new world where I have been able to experience love, loss, laughter, and hopefully an eventual victory.

16 comments:

Cindy G said...

You are such an inspiration. I think of you often and hope that things are still proceeding positively in the legslative world you are so immersed in right now.

I've actually had your book on pre-order at Amazon for months, pretty much since you announced it was coming. My copy came a couple of weeks ago. Words cannot express my feelings towards you...really. Follow this link for unofficial review: http://seanandcindy.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-i-did-today.html

And I'm so gonna be in Malad on April 8 to get my copy signed!! Love you!

Annelise said...

I am so excited to read your book! I am going to go buy it right now.

Camille said...

I will also be there in Malad on April 8 to get my signed copy, and to give you a much needed hug. That is a much needed hug for me from you. I can't wait to tell you in person what an amazing woman you are! I also can't wait to read your book!

Michelle said...

I bought the book yesterday and read all but the last 30 pages while I hung out at Barnes and Noble (waiting for Austin to get done with a grad school interview). I'm sure I got strange looks between crying and laughing out loud, but I didn't care or notice. You are AWESOME and I will be there on April 8 too!!!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

I've got my book on order and can't WAIT to read it! I will definately try to be there for your book signing. I love the video. It always brings a tear to my eye. Clay has your mouth and talks just like you. How fun to see a little of you in him!

Melissa said...

So proud of your hard work--I too think of you often and all the time and energy involved in something this huge. Hang in there. I'd love a signed copy--any chance of coming down this way? I could set something up :)

Leeann said...

Yay!! I'm really looking forward to seeing most of you in Malad! I would love nothing more than to enjoy a chicken malibu sandwich and shake at the Dude Ranch with you all afterward. Just like old times. Love you guys :) Melissa - I'm sure we'll be headed down your way sometime. I'd love to see you! Annelise - thanks for constant support!

Holly said...

Can't wait to read it. You're amazing. You're in my prayers. Hang in there. I promise not to call you on your cell phone. :o)

My Crazy Life said...

I hope all goes well with your bill I hope it pass. You are so amazing mom.

Alli E. said...

My mom read your book and can't say enough good things about it. I love the video. You are so amazing. I live by Melissa, so if you are ever down this way, I would love to see you!! If you are not sure who I am by my super secret code name, ask Melissa S. or Camille!!

K Julie said...

I finished your book this morning. (I did not borrow Cindy's copy, I waited for my own from Amazon.) What a beautiful story. I love happy endings, though life is not always so kind. Clay has it right, you are an angel--to work so hard for him, as well as for all the parents who are praying for help and hope.

~Amber~ said...

I just finished reading your book! I am BLOWN away and have told all of my friends about it! I am so happy for the success your family has had! You are so blessed!!!!

Leeann said...

Thank you all so much! I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts...Ali E you look wonderful, and yes, I know who you are :) I'd love an invitation to your blog, hint, hint. We haven't been down south for awhile, but when we do head that way, I'll be sure to look you two up - I'd love to get together.

mvmommy75 said...

Leann,

I absolutely LOVE your video with Clay. So amazing!

I just finished your book yesterday and I can't wait to re-read it! I could relate to so many thing you wrote. Our son (with autism) is starting kindergarten this fall. There's still a lot of work to be done, but he's come so far. Your story is so inspiring, and is a great reminder of what is possible for these kids. Thank you so much for sharing your story with the world. You and your husband are a great example of what it really means to be a parent.

Anonymous said...

Hi LeeAnn. I just got your book and devoured it in just a couple of days. I was riveted by your story, and right there with you through every gut wrenching circumstance and every joyful moment. My son was diagnosed at age 2, about 1 year, three months ago. We are fighting to bring him back, and stories like yours tell us, "Hang in there. Persist no matter what." Your tenacity to go after the best outcome is inspiring. I want the same for my son! Thanks for sharing your journey and triumphs with us!

Tahni-- www.hopingnotcoping.wordpress.com. Our story so far: www.surprisedbyautism.com

Ashley said...

Amazing! Thank you for reminding us that there is hope. What a little hero you have!