Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentines Day Gift Ideas


Valentine's Day doesn't have to suck. I decided several years ago that no longer was he going to top me in the gift giving department. So I sat down one day and wrote a list of memorable, mostly inexpensive gifts.

1. Cake your lips with lipstick then kiss the bathroom mirror topping it off with “I LOVE YOU” in all caps like that. Then google how to get that much lipstick off the mirror.

2. Get the biggest box you can find and let the kids help you decorate it with hearts and messages of love. If you can all fit, hide inside the box. Then jump out and surprised him when he walks through the door. CAUTION - do not write honey do's on the box no matter how tempting.

3. Buy car paint pens (Wal-Mart). Get the kiddies involved and draw hearts and cupids all over his car windows.

4. Write down all the favorite memories you have of the two of you on cute paper. Cut them in strips and put them in a cool box. Put the box on top of the toilet so you’re sure he’ll read one at least everyday.

5. Purchase fish net stockings and the highest heels you can find at Nordstrom. Go home, put them on and start vacuuming the house.

6. Gather all the love letters and cards you've ever sent to each other and put them in a scrapbook. Place on top of the television so he's sure to read at least once. Then you can place on the bookshelf.

7. Send him a pajama gram at work. pajamagram.com. Start office gossip.

8. Dress up as cupid and shoot him with arrows that have suction cups on the end.

9. Take out all the flags in a bag of Hershey kisses and insert your own flags telling him the reasons why you love him.

10. Censored

LET'S HEAR YOUR IDEAS!

6 comments:

Brittany R said...

You can't possibly have that much free time that you are able to come up with all of these great ideas!!

I will probably end up using one of them, since I won't know it's valentines until it's at least the 13th. So, I will ultimatly scramble for something, and I will come back here to find my answer!

Thanks for planning ahead for me.

Leeann said...

You know, Brittany, I just listed all the cool ones I've done over the years :) But I REALLY need help finding a great idea this year. It has been a tremendously busy year, as you know, and he has been so supportive and wonderful.

So everyone - If it's super good idea, leave me a comment, then email me because I think he peeks at the blog periodically and I wouldn't want a good surprise to go to waste...

Anonymous said...

Ooh this is fabulous! Cool Valentines Day Gifts

jeppsenfam said...

Didn't have the fish nets so I used tube socks, didn't have the stilettos so I used house slippers, couldn't find the vacuum so I scrubbed the floor by hand . . . have to tell you it didn't go over that well . . . just wondering where I went wrong?

Leeann said...

Oh, my. That was hilarious. I needed a good laugh, Tif. THANK YOU!!

Annelise said...

I can't stop laughing. You are so funny! I think I might steal this and put it on my blog. If I were to kiss my mirror with lipstick, my husband would have a panic attack because he is such a clean freak.